Only 2 minutes in the shuttle bus is Edinburgh International Airport, Scotland’s fastest growing airport.
BAA who previously operated Edinburgh airport spent around £150 million upgrading the facilities over the past 6 years.The new owners Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) took ownership of Edinburgh Airport in April 2012.
Check-in & arrivals
Arrivals and check-in are both located on the ground floor concourse. All airlines now have check-in facilities in one area. Please check your airline ticket for advice on check-in times. As a general guide:
- International flights - minimum 3 hours prior to departure. EL AL passengers should allow 3.5 hours.
- European flights - minimum 2 hours prior to departure.
- Domestic flights - minimum 1 hour prior to departure.
A £100 million redevelopment of the terminal building has recently been completed. It comprises an extension to the east end together with extensive remodelling of the existing building. The new facilities include:
- UK baggage reclaim hall with two baggage belts.
- Airline ticket desks.
- 28 new check-in desks.
- Additional air jetties.
- Variety of catering outlets.
- A relocated and extended shopping mall.
- A joint International & UK departures lounge with combined security search.
- Additional toilet facilities on the concourse.
- Completion of check-in hall with 20 additional desks.
- Relocation of British Midland to the main building with a new ticket desk and executive departure lounge.
- New toilet facilities in the departure lounge.
National, Alamo, Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Budget all have desks located in the Airport's car hire terminal. There is a courtesy bus service from the terminal forecourt to the car pick up area. Follow road signs for car hire return. For pre-booked cars with other off-airport companies, some can be contacted using a courtesy phone between UK arrivals and check-in halls.